Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Consider us broken

She didn’t want to loose me,
Consider the silence broken.
When all I needed was a friend,
She took the sick and made it well again.
When I said I loved her she broke what she saved.
She took back what she gave.
It’s all my fault, I threw it all away.
She wanted me to stay,
but she was lying. I could see it in the way. . .
Her eyelids moved faster than her lips.
When I felt the adrenaline racing through my mind,
I never looked back on what was missing.
What was left behind.
I don’t know if you know this yet,
Or if you even care
But love’s just one of those things. . . .
We’re never going to find!
She’ll never understand anyway so I guess I’m wasting my breath. . . .
wasting my time.
Here are my terms.
All you have to do is sign
Your heart spilled out. . . .
Across the dotted line
I’m standing at her door
Stuffing flowers in her mailbox
I’m curled up on the floor
Our friendship
My heart. . . .
You tore. . . .
Apart.
Consider us broken
Not just for the record.
For so much more.
I didn’t want to loose her,
but it’s too late for last requests.
Goodbye old friend.
Goodbye and goodnight.

No comments: