Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sleep Walking

The memory of her embrace
Reaching out to stroke my face
Like a diamond blade cutting through the smoke
Night air rolls over the edge like mist
lingering amongst a field of stones
The echoes of her haunting voice
Wash over me like waterfalls
Left alone to dwell in agony and remorse
I lurk in the shadow of the absence she left behind
Dreaming of her crooked smile
as i walk through the dimness of moonlit streets
Meandering through alleys of breathlessness and doubt
Consumed by a loneliness, redefined.
A heart longing to love like fire
With a passion smoldering in my chest
and a sorrow embedded in the pit of my soul
A cinder of hope burning ever so faintly
Behind the eyes she once so loved...
The eyes that love her so strongly still
Ever so sane,
With endeavor so ill...

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I know exactly how this feels.. Its dark, lonely, and painful. My heart aches after reading. Your words touch me so deeply and create an immense understanding.